Snow days = Indoor Cycling DVD Training days
So much for riding outdoors or even making it to the computrainer classes this weekend. We had our second decent snow storm here in Davidson that started on Friday night. All in all we got about 6 inches of snow. Just enough to turn the roads into a mess. Unlike the north, when snow hits around here, it usually has a lot of ice mixed in. Those who dare to go out driving are risky indeed. The roads in our neighborhood are still covered and very few cars have gone in or out all weekend.
We generally hit the computrainer classes on Saturday morning up at Cool Breeze Cyclery. We use Saturday as a good base ride consisting of 30-35 miles. Here lately, we have started hitting some threshhold rides in preparation for the upcoming time trial season. Let’s just say that plan got snowed under.
Cyclops and Global Ride Cycling training DVDs to the rescue. Fortunately, we were able to go downstairs and climb onto the Cyclops trainers. Yesterday we rode two 1 hour sessions. The first was an interval session to Robbie Ventura’s Power training DVD. After that we hit a good hill climbing threshold ride with Urban Assault on Italy. Needless to say, when we were done, there was a very large sweat puddle on the floor beneath.
DVD #1 is called Speed and Power in Italy. A good combination of rollers with some good climbs mixed in. DVD #2 is titled Climbing Sufferage. Hmmm, I’m not so sure I like the sounds of that. I am positive that my riding partner and wife wont care too much for it. sshhhhhhhh.
Regardless of the outcome, riding indoors this weekend is the only option that we have. Hey, it’s a heck of lot better than the alternative of sitting on the couch, eating, and drinking Fat Tire beer all weekend. Next weekend will be our Super Bowl ride. Hopefully these two hour sessions will somewhat prepare us for the long, long ride during the Super Bowl.
Sites We Like
- Selling Cycling 2010 DVD Ships « Bike Monkey Magazine
- #48. Snow Days = Indoor Cycling DVD Training days | Reviews from Around the World
- USA Triathlon and Team USA DVD series | Indoor Cycle Instructor Podcast
- Global Ride: Maui Rollers Virtual Cycling DVD « Virtual Online – VirtuaDomain.com
- Training the Trainers « Cascade Bicycle Club Blog
- Colo. governor likely to stay in hospital 3-4 days with rib, shoulder injuries from bike wreck
- Bikerumor | All The Best Cycling News, Tech, Rumors and Reviews!
- Tips for a first time triathlete? | Beginner Triathlete Training Blog
- Natural Beauty Is A Combination Of Natural Beauty Care Regimens, Good Nutrition And Definitely Physical Exertion | health care information
- Motus USA M-RACING NRG Indoor Cycling Bike | Less Weigh
- The Only Indoor Biking That’s More Dangerous Than Its Outdoor Alternative [Bicycling] | Checking Together
- Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike | Best Review Buy Cheap
- Spinning ® Indoor Cycling Instructor Class Profile Time Length Calculator | Pro Sports World
- Bike Exercise Reviews » Blog Archive » Spinner® Elite Bike
- How to Choose the Best Indoor Cycling Shoes for Spinning Classes | Extreme Sport
- My first interval session « Quinkin's Blog: a place of running dreams come true
- Fast Weight Loss Diet» Interval Training – The Best Weight Loss Exercise
- Lance Armstrong focusing on time trial in Tour of Murcia | Score Board
- Armstrong focusing on time trial in Tour of Murcia « Artesia News
- VegasBikeRacing.com Underground TT (Time Trial) | Biking Las Vegas, Cycling Blog for the Las Vegas Bicycling Community